Monday, December 19, 2011

Goji Berries

Goji berries. I have to rant about this fruit because it provides so many health benefits; I have tried it and believe it does its good share of work. When i returned home from winter break the first thing my mom made for me was a goji berry hot tea. I have to admit i was a bit skeptical about this fruit because 1. i've never eaten this fruit before and 2. I never heard of goji berries. That doesn't seem right now does it? Although, i've come to realize this fruit contains high amounts of vitamin A. This fruit has been known to be eaten raw or steamed in water to make tea.

Goji berries is known to be found in China and the Himalayas. When consumed, it has been known to  help with numerous afflictions. For example, they have helped with diabetes, high blood pressure, fever, and age-ralted eye problems. Goji berries is contained with high amounts of antioxidants and vitamin A; they have been known to help with anti-aging problems. This fruit helps you sleep, provide dopamine, increase athletic performance and calmness.

I officially love Goji berries. You can get Goji berry fruits anywhere in a Chinese super market or your local grocery store. 

What i love to do with Goji berries is eat them my oatmeal or brew them in my tea. I admit both taste wonderful. Goji berries have helped with my health and i highly recommend them.

                                           This picture depicts a mound of dried Goji berries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment